Technical Support 9/8/2016
vTech Solution Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL SUPPORT
DURATION: 12Months (possible extension)
*Manage expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
*Ensure quality standards are followed.
*Monitor the team's open backlog of support issues and re-assign issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per agreed upon service levels.
*Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
*Able to make recommendations on policies on system use and services.
*Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
*Acts as a subject matter expert for one or more custom or COTS applications.
*Talks to programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs.
*May work as in-house consultant and research alternate approaches to existing software and hardware when standardized approaches cannot be applied.
*Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
*Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendations for management review.
*Write or revise user-training manuals and procedures.
*Develops training materials, such as exercises and visual displays.
*Train users on software and hardware on-site or in classroom, or recommend outside contractors to provide training.
*Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to end users for hardware, software, and systems.
*Provides hands-on technical assistance to business and technical users.
*Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users.
*Serves as a contact for level 1 support.
*Serves as a contact for users having problems using computer software, hardware, and operating systems, and escalates as necessary.
*Determines whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or system.
*Answers questions, applying knowledge of computer software, hardware, systems, and procedures.
*Talks with technical and non-technical co-workers to research problem and find solution.
*Asks user with problem to use telephone and participate in diagnostic procedures, using diagnostic software or by listening to and following instructions.
*Experienced with a variety of call-tracking software and systems.
*Reads trade magazines and engages in independent study to maintain current industry knowledge.
*Follow quality standards, and displays strong customer service skills.
*Able to work in a team environment.
*Complete assigned tasks.
*Strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS ability to resolve issues while maintaining positive attitude is most important.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Previous 1st line support experience.
* Ability to simplify situations and solutions.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Clear, concise e-mail. Ability to meet deadlines.
* Detail oriented. Great organization skills.
* A commitment to ongoing training.
* Proven ability to work in a timely and efficient manner on daily tasks.
* Proven ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Manage expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
* Ensure quality standards are followed.
* Monitor the team's open backlog of support issues and re-assign issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per agreed upon service levels.
* Monitor the team's quality of tickets and resolutions
* Act as the escalation point for high priority support issues.
* Able to make recommendations on policies on system use and services.
* Write software and hardware evaluation and recommendations for management review.
* Maintain daily performance of agents
* Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills.
* Requires minimum guidance, confident with decision making during stressful situations.