Technical Support Representative
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Trimble is recruiting for a Technical Support Representative to fill an opportunity in Corvallis, OR.
Trimble is recruiting for a Technical Support Representative for Spectra Precision products to fill an opportunity in Corvallis, Oregon.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Technical Support Representative to join our global support team. As part of this team you provide technical support for Spectra Precision products to our customers and internal teams via phone, email and other support channels. In addition you would also work on creating technical articles for our Knowledge Network and provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering.
A close working relationship with customers and colleagues worldwide, different development teams and product management is also a main part of the job to identify and provide solutions for our customers.
Being based in Corvallis, Oregon, you would work in the support organization from our facility in which part of the products developed. The role will be generally office-based.
Are you a technically confident, energetic and self-motivated individual who thrives on success and loves solving problems* Are you interested in working to support and assist our customer base with their Spectra Precision products*
* Provide fast and efficient customer service to business partners, dealers, and internal Spectra Precision teams on GNSS, Optical, Handhelds and Software products.
* Provide new product input, field-testing and subsequent production release involvement when required.
* Development of specific technical communications when assigned.
Skills & Experience Required:
This section describes the skills, knowledge and abilities required for an individual to competently perform in this position. Consider:
* Degree in Surveying with 0 to 2 years work experience or
* 2 to 4 years of work experience as Surveyor
* Ability to work effectively and professionally with suppliers and customers under all circumstances
* Must be fluent in English with the ability to articulate thoughts verbally and in written form in professional and organized manner. Spanish speaking is a plus.
* Excellent and demonstrated communication skills, written and verbal, in-person and on phone required
* Experience with Spectra Precision products preferred
* Some travel required
* Ability to learn and demonstrate the use of professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve routine problems
* Ability to follow standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
* Expected to be knowledgeable in and understand the linkage between assigned activities and project goals
* Continuously strive to meet or exceed customer expectations. Address work assignments in terms of customer expectations
* Seek opportunities to utilize technical knowledge and abilities
* Take ownership of individual assignments. Meet assigned deadlines. See assignments through to completion
* Offer ideas for improvement
* Ability to solve well-defined problems; explore various alternatives and select appropriate solution with guidance to meet project requirements
* Must be a team player and be able to leverage resources through sound organizational skills and teamwork
* Must demonstrate and project a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to accept a high level of personal responsibility for product success in an environment of shared resources.
* Must be comfortable with learning new computer applications.
* Additional language counted a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D