Technical Support Representative III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Safran Morpho Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Call Center Technician Production Helpdesk I will work in our Customer Care Center (CCC). The MorphoTrust CCC provides Tier-1 and Tier-2 technical support services to the caller as appropriate to attempt to resolve customer technical support issues either over the phone (by talking caller through troubleshooting steps or other processes to investigate and resolve), or through Remote Connect methods (remotely connecting and taking control of caller s workstation to investigate and resolve). This could also include escalation with various MorphoTrust Field Service Technicians, or Tier-3 Engineers to attempt to resolve the issue. When required, appropriately escalate to local MorphoTrust USA Field Service Technicians or Third-Party Service Providers using defined service zone and technician coverage procedures. All customer service requests are logged using the Support Desk (HoH) Service Management System, to create a complete record of all service requests, and track all actions taken through the life-cycle of the service requests to final resolution.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Serve in the MorphoTrust USA Customer Care Center providing technical/non-technical support of MorphoTrust customers across North America, supporting various deployed Drivers License Systems, Document Authentication Systems, and other MorphoTrust custom systems. Support activities include troubleshooting and remote diagnostics of all Video Capture Stations (VCS) and Retrieval Workstations (RWS). These systems include a variety of individual components such as computers, cameras, printers, UPS s, signature tablets, variety of scanning technologies, and fingerprint capture units along with standard Operating Systems (OS) and MorphoTrust USA custom software applications.
* Evaluate help-desk requests and direct them to the appropriate field technician or Corporate IT support resources based on individual request requirements and resource capabilities.
* Maintain liaison between the Field Service Technician teams across North America and the customer s field personnel, including being an advocate for providing satisfaction to our system operators by maintaining a proactive approach with the users.
* Participate in establishing and assume ownership of individual and company performance goals.
* Document the customer problems as required in the Support Desk (HoH) Service Management System and provide appropriate details/information, and update trouble ticket throughout the life cycle of the ticket.
* Support the MorphoTrust USA Field Technicians to log all service requests, track response to, and document closure of service requests to insure contract compliance for response time and Service Level Agreements (SLA) for all programs.
* Assist in providing data and reporting to the Field Service Manager and others, as required.
* Support the tracking of all MorphoTrust USA and Customer-owned assets (Hardware and Software Licenses) where MorphoTrust USA is contracted to provide maintenance and support.
* Assist in continuous improvement initiatives intended to improve performance to the customer and cost savings to MorphoTrust USA.
* Assist the Care Center Supervisors to maintain all customer files and other site-specific information in the Support Desk (HoH) Service Management System to ensure all data is accurate. Site-specific data could include customer s physical address, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail address (if provided), and Site Manager name. In addition, some jurisdictions may include information such as IP addressing for the systems, Jurisdiction Area / Zone Supervisors, or other data that may be useful when providing support for the site.
* Actively participate in maintaining the Technical Document Library & Media-WIKI Knowledgebase site to ensure that the most current and accurate support information is available to the Call Center Technicians, as well as being accessible to the Tier-3 organization and the Tier-2 staff. This includes lessons learned during normal support, to ensure that all support data entered into system is searchable and accurate.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Ability to understand and diagnose various computer, networking hardware, and software applications supporting Video Capture Station (VCS), Retrieval Workstation (RWS), and other system components.
* Understanding of and ability to use a variety of operating systems including MS DOS, Windows 2000, XP-Pro, Windows 7, and a various Server operating systems.
* Understanding of and ability to use the following software programs: MS-Word, MS-Access, MS-Excel, Norton & MacAfee Anti-virus, MS-Outlook, MS-Internet Explorer.
* Must be reliable and show initiative, have the flexibility to work independently and as part of our team.
* Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Must be able to rapidly research problems and deliver sound solutions by leveraging existing knowledge bases and search engines.
* Must be able to explain technical terms and solutions to technical and non-technical customers.
* Willing and able to take the initiative and be proactive to follow through with issues, including effectively using escalation procedures as necessary.
* Able to understand, design and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
* Experience with TCP-IP and other network communications.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to participate in on-going technical training (self-paced & classroom) in areas needing improvement, including learning new products and tools, sharing knowledge with others, and providing feedback on products and/or processes.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and must be able to effectively communicate with various personalities as part of the daily work environment.
* Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write effective reports and correspondence.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Be a self-starter and investigate and find solutions for problems that involve areas of responsibility.
* Clean driving record and able to pass thorough background checks.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to analyze issues, establish priorities, anticipate consequences, make decisions, and take action with fine attention to detail.
* Able to maintain proper business presence, and interact with internal/external clients in a professional, courteous manner.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Strong computer hardware and software technical skills.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirements, such as:
* Ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops.
* Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.
Working Conditions, such as:
* General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
* Willingness to work a variety of shifts and days to meet our customer needs. The MorphoTrust USA Customer Care Center is staffed 05:30 a.m. 07:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Saturday with a variety of shift options available.
* Work in a team environment.
* Able to vary work hours if required to meet customer commitments, including occasional overtime.
Physical Demands, such as:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc.