Technical Support Representative 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/13/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
Time Warner Cable Northeast region currently seeks a Tier 3 Technical Support Representative for our Customer Services Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
* Will be expected to provide customer-friendly and proficient technical support to high speed data customers using phone, email, chat, instant messaging, and other means of communication.
* Document and escalate issues, and work with other departments, ISPs, or business partners in order to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Successfully meet or exceed Time Warner Cable s call handle requirements as measured by periodic call monitoring and individual call statistics.
* Provide support to installers and field technicians when appropriate and as needed.
* Monitor the hybrid fiber coax network using various network diagnostic tools for system outages.
* Open and track trouble tickets as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Associate s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Network+ or related experience required. A+, CCNA, or Microsoft certifications a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of all Windows Operating Systems. Knowledge or Apple/Mac Operating Systems a plus.
* Knowledge of the suite of Internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP as well as networks and LANs.
* Excellent listening skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills using phone, email, and other forms of communication.
* Proficiency with Internet browsers and MS Office.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
* Knowledge of CSG, including but not limited to, work order entry/close, account research, billing and service code look-up, and credit/debit procedures a plus.
* Familiarity with high speed data and cable modem technologies desired.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 0756
Controlling Establishment ID: 00688 - Middletown 2 Industrial Dr
Job Code: TWCCSU110 Rep 1, Technical Support Nonexempt