Technical Support Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Black Box Network Services
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posting Title
Technical Support Representative
Black Box has an opportunity for a Technical Support Representative in New York, NY responsible for exceptional client service by providing Tier 2 technical support through analyzing and troubleshooting technical problems and resolving complex hardware, software, network and connectivity problems via several methods (phone, e-mail, instant message, automated alarms, etc.). Investigate elevated client support issues by reviewing work completed by Tier 1, confirm the validity of the problem, research known solutions to related issue and provide advanced troubleshooting by ensuring the intricacies of the challenging issues are solved. Utilize various diagnostic tools to identify root cause of hardware, software, network and connectivity issues.
Provide thorough diagnostic and troubleshooting services to resolve client issues remotely; also performed on site for Key Accounts as designated. Escalate issues requiring onsite or Tier 3 support assistance within prescribed service levels and procedures for problem resolution in matters of greater complexity. Provide client network administration services including the management, control and monitoring of network infrastructure health, security and capacity as well as monitoring power failures, communication line alarms and network performance issues. Ensure technical support services are delivered to clients in a high quality and professional manner consistent with company initiatives, client expectations as well as internal and external SLAs.
environments. Perform day-to-day field installation, rack and stack, and decommission of data infrastructure such as computers, network equipment and/or other telecommunications and network devices
* Tier 2 escalation support for clients requiring advanced technical troubleshooting on hardware, software, network and connectivity issues.
* Identify, research, analyze, diagnose, resolve and close escalated technical problems in a quality and timely manner.
* Provide comprehensive diagnostic, root cause and troubleshooting support and accurate problem resolution.
* Determine the need to deploy field service resources required to deliver client service requests via incident management and dispatch processes through the service desk.
* Escalate irresolvable issues requiring Tier 3 support assistance within prescribed service levels and procedures for problem resolution in matters of greater complexity.
* Provide client network administration services including the management, control and monitoring of network infrastructure.
* Monitor service desk tickets volume and ensure timely closure of all assigned tickets.
* Utilize service delivery management and related technology systems and tools for efficient execution of service desk activities.
* Utilize escalation and exception paths, processes and systems to report current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
* Analyze ticket data to identify and implement lessons learned, efficiencies and enhanced client service.
* Continuously expand, research and leverage knowledge of technology, market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant
* Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
* Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for the service desk to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client
* Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and
resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations.
Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
* Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
* Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute service desk functions and company priorities.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Accountability, Customer Focus, Decision Making, Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
* High School Diploma required; Associates Degree in Information Technology or related, preferred.
* 3+ years of technical support experience in a call center environment. Technology Services or Managed Service Provider industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Layer 2 & 3 networking standards, connectivity & security, networking technologies and infrastructures including cabling, LAN, WAN, and various telecommunication access methods.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or related certifications preferred.
* Service awareness of all organization s key product and service offerings for which support is being provided.
* Ability to listen to and understand client requirements and individual preferences with successful track record of ability to develop creative and innovative solutions.
* Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated success in root cause analysis.
* Demonstrated experience of continuously expanding and leveraging knowledge of technology, market and industry trends with success in identifying, recommending and implementing best practices and methodologies.
* Ability to work effectively across all functional groups to optimize product & service offerings, fostering a seamless internal and external client experience and track record of timely and accurate issue resolution.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, SharePoint, ERP, service delivery management tools such as ServiceNow and related cloud based technology systems.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.