Technical Support Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
GenMark Diagnostics, Inc.
The Technical Support Scientist will serve as a key contributor to the GenMark Commercial team, during a pivotal stage in our Company s growth. We are preparing to launch an exciting next generation product in 2016 and the team continues to hit record sales targets. Leverage your technical background in molecular biology on this world-class technical support team. Bring your experience in support to customers and feel the impact of your contributions. The Technical Support Scientist provides exceptional a timely technical expertise and support to GenMark customers remotely at our Corporate HQ s in Carlsbad, CA and in person, when needed; manage complaint handling including receiving, logging, investigating, resolution, tracking and trending; training customers and internal personnel; aiding in commercialization of new products and improving technical support procedures and tools.
* Provides technical expertise and support to GenMark customers by telephone and in person.
* Provides installation, troubleshooting and customer training on molecular diagnostic systems and related IVD and RUO products.
* Provides technical assistance to sales, molecular application specialists and development as required.
* Develops and administers product training for customer, distributor and internal personnel.
* Customer complaint handling including receiving, logging, investigating, resolving with customers and tracking/trending of complaints in compliance with the Quality System requirements.
* Tracking and trending of field product performance metrics for both system and assay data to enable continuous improvement.
* Performing laboratory experiments and data evaluations in support of field issue investigations, root cause investigations and CAPA resolutions.
* Participates in developing and implementing new product and new international market technical support plans to ensure successful launch and customer support.
* Ensures fact-based scientific, engineering and analytical best practices and principles are utilized to accomplish tasks.
* Provides an open environment and promotes teamwork across the organization.
Key Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
* BS degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field. MS degree is a plus.
* Three or more years of experience as a scientist or research associate in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, SNP detection, etc.
* In depth knowledge and troubleshooting of applied molecular biology assays and related instrumentation.
* Technical support or field service experience in supporting medical or bioresearch products preferred.
* Familiarity with Quality System Regulations and ISO requirements for complaint handling, document control and quality control.
* Experience in the medical device, IVD or biotechnology industries, preferably directly involved in commercial operation or product development. Experience with networking, remote diagnostics or LIS software and connectivity is a plus.
* Good customer service skills to include verbal and written communications.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple priorities.
* Strong presentation and influence skills.
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible and resourceful. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills.
* Ability to understand complex scientific, engineering and business concepts.
* Uses professional concepts to contribute to meet the company strategic goals and to achieve personal objectives in creative and effective ways.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.