Technical Support Specialist 8/26/2016
Agoura Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Technical Support Specialist
Department: Technical Support
Hrs Per Week: 40
Location: Agoura Hills, CA, USA
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Take phone calls to assist clients and outside personnel with NovaStor's products.
* Set up appointments with and make technical service calls to clients.
* Troubleshoot hardware, software, and data-related issues.
* Diagnose and determine when to escalate trouble tickets.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Familiarity with Backup and Data Recovery Techniques and Standard Practices.
* Familiarity with PC hardware
* Familiarity with Windows File and Folder Sharing & Permissions
* Familiarity with the following operating environments
* Windows desktop operating systems, XP through Win10 (preferred)
* Microsoft Server 2003/2008(R2)/2012(R2) & Small Business Server 2008/2011
* Familiarity with Microsoft services
* Active Directory
* Outlook Client and Exchange Server
* SQL Server
* Ability to troubleshoot problems. Logical thinking.
* Strong organizational skills with extreme attention to detail.
* Skill in handling customer issues.
* Ability to give clear, precise instructions via telephone/email/chat -- must explain and communicate technical issues to clients and co-workers.
* Ability to follow instructions.
* A+, Net+, or MCP certified or relevant degrees
* Sales Experience
* Linux Experience
* Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V virtualization
* Basic Software/Hardware/Network Troubleshooting
* Ability to speak other languages, especially Spanish
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive compensation package
* Full benefits including a 401k package
* Growth opportunities in an international company that's been around for 20+ years
* Great atmosphere with fun, energetic people
* Work hard, play hard attitude!