JOB TITLE: Technical Trainer
LOCATION: Columbia, SC 29202
DURATION: 12+ Months
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating software-application training programs.
* Write curriculum and conduct software-application training modules for specific PMO software programs and major programs.
* Design class room and online courseware to enhance training sessions. Work with PMO director and IT Services to develop, schedule and announce training classes.
* Conduct train-the-trainer and super-user sessions on an as needed basis.
* Responsible for the creation and delivery of training and development programs to all levels of end-users, IT professionals including PMO team.
* Involved in training needs assessment process and external vendor selection as needed.
* Work closely with both IT and the business to understand system and training needs for applications and packages supported.
* Design and implement training programs, classes, workshops, multimedia curriculum for Computer Based Training (CBT), Web Based Training (WBT), and other eLearning and on-line help.
* Deliver training to a variety of audiences, understanding and applying adult learning principles.
* Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
* Continuous improvement of technical instructional quality of training; which includes delivery and presentation skills.
* Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
* Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
* Manage the training program in accordance with PMO governance requirements, business needs, and regulatory requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* 3years training curriculum development experience
* 3years training in healthcare insurance and/or IT software/systems implementations performing duties described in the "Daily Duties/Responsibilities" section above.
* Superb written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give presentations to executive management.
* Strong proficiency in English is required.
* Understanding of learning strategies as it relates to providing training
* Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Knowledge of developing a curriculum using a Learning Management System
* Experience working in a multi-vendor and/or outsourced IT development environment
* Experience working with a Project Management Office (PMO)
* Experience with e-learning software such as Articulate
* General subject matter expertise as it relates to Medicaid or other healthcare insurance experience (project or operations)
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience; Master's Degree preferred.