This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for TECHNICAL TRAINER for our client in COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL TRAINER
JOB LOCATION: COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
Technical Trainer Intermediate to assist with developing and conducting training related to our PMO Governance standards and related software applications; as well as, Information Technology (IT) implementations and projects.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating software-application training programs. Write curriculum and conduct software-application training modules for specific PMO software programs. Design class room and online courseware to enhance training sessions. Work with PMO director and IT Services to develop, schedule and announce training classes. Conduct train-the-trainer and super-user sessions on an as needed basis.
* Responsible for the creation and delivery of training and development programs to all levels of end-users, IT professionals including PMO team.
* Involved in training needs assessment process and external vendor selection as needed.
* Work closely with both IT and the business to understand system and training needs for applications and packages supported.
* Design and implement training programs, classes, workshops, multimedia curriculum for Computer Based Training (CBT), Web Based Training (WBT), and other eLearning and on-line help.
* Deliver training to a variety of audiences, understanding and applying adult learning principles.
* Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
* Continuous improvement of technical instructional quality of training; which includes delivery and presentation skills.
* Mentor other instructors in the subject matter, content, and course delivery techniques for assigned technical courses.
* Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
* Manage the training program in accordance with PMO governance requirements, business needs, and regulatory requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* 3 years training curriculum development experience
* 3 years training in healthcare insurance and/or IT software/systems implementations performing duties described in the "Daily Duties/Responsibilities" section above.
* Superb written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to give presentations to executive management.
* Strong proficiency in English is required.
* Understanding of learning strategies as it relates to providing training
* Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Knowledge of developing a curriculum using a Learning Management System
* Experience working in a multi-vendor and/or outsourced IT development environment
* Experience working with a Project Management Office (PMO)
* Experience with e-learning software such as Articulate
* General subject matter expertise as it relates to Medicaid or other healthcare insurance experience (project or operations)
* Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
* Master's Degree preferred.