Technical Trainer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/28/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Seeking a Technical Trainer to develop and conduct classroom training for state-of-the-art Simplex Fire Detection systems. The candidate must be a fast learner, understand fire detection, panel architecture and be able to work independently and on a team. Our students are distributors/end-users who are tasked primarily in the commissioning and break/ fix of Simple Fire Detection systems.
* Deliver Simple Fire Detection product training to Tyco Fire Protection Products customers
* Course and Curriculum maintenance
* Up to 20% travel required
* Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Education, Communications, Business or related field
* Four to eight years experience as a technical and/or product sales instructor or instructional designer
* Technical Trainer certification (example, Langevin, CTT and/ or equivalent military instructor certification
* Technical experience installing and/or servicing fire alarm systems
* Strong written and verbal English grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage and pronounciation
* Knowledge & application of adult learning principles
* Strong interpersonal skills in both client and team interactions and willingness to interact with clients on a regular basis