This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Technical Writer to support an important government customer in Arlington, VA
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Public Trust
Daily Job Responsibilities:
The role provides technical editing and document creation support for current and future technical operations. This position is responsible for the execution of all technical publications support tasks. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Develop, manage and maintain the central document repository on SharePoint.
* Develop, maintain and technically edit a variety of documents, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), user guides and training materials, work instructions, technical manuals, process flow charts, configuration guides, and system requirements documents.
* Organize and assimilate technical material and data according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
* Maintain electronic files, databases and electronic tracking records of all revised, archived and newly published documents.
* Edit, standardize and revise material prepared by others in an organized and technically understandable manner.
* Review published materials and recommend and implement revisions or changes in scope, format and content.
* Establish and standardize the methods of publication and/or reproduction.
* Select and/or create photographs, drawings, graphics, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate and enhance revised and newly published material.
* Study technical drawings, statistical analyses, and operating procedures to enhance clarity and assure accuracy of weekly, monthly, and other programmatic reports.
* Follow, track and observe ongoing developmental and experimental customer support activities to determine the best course-of-action (COA) regarding operating procedures, work instructions, user guides and training materials.
* Analyze developments in specific "customer directed" IT areas utilizing Customer Support Packages (CSP) to determine the need for revisions in previously published materials and the development of new material.
* Review hardware manufacturer user guides, trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to the maintenance and service of equipment.
* Provide specific analyst documentation to support the highest level of customer service.
* 3-5 years of Technical Writing experience.
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft SharePoint.
* Excellent proofreading, editing, and technical document formatting experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include advanced skills with Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Exceptional attention-to-detail and time management skills.
* Direct experience with Information Technology (IT) documentation, policy, and procedures.
* Experience with version control of existing and new documentation
Degree & Years of Experience:
3-5 years' experience
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.