This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DETAILS
JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL WRITER
LOCATION: BALTIMORE MD
DURATION: 1 YEAR
Must have excellent knowledge of the English language, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation rules. Must utilize the Chicago Manual of Style or similar style guides appropriately to ensure accuracy and consistency of text. Must be able to manage multiple projects. Must have a functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel) and Adobe Acrobat. Knowledge and experience in DTP software applications (InDesign, FrameMaker and Illustrator) is desirable. Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to work under deadline pressure, and must be flexible with project schedule and priority changes. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, including effective written and oral communication abilities. Must be able to perform spreadsheet and database maintenance for reporting the status of projects to management. Healthcare industry background is desirable, with knowledge of Corporate, Regulatory and Global (ISO, PAL, etc.) guidelines pertinent to product/package labeling.
Education and Experience
Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in English with a minimum of five years' experience in medical document editing and proofreading; or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
The Proofreading Specialist is responsible for performing proofreading and quality inspection of multilingual documentation (including labels, product inserts, user's manuals and other written material) produced by Labeling Design and Development. Additional responsibilities include redlining content and formatting changes derived from revision updates. Works independently, with status reports to Team Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Interfaces with the LD correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
* Consistently applies standard proofreading marks on documents.
* Performs final quality inspection of English and translated material to ensure accuracy.
* Produces Adobe Acrobat PDFs when necessary.
* Develops and manages schedules for multiple projects, outlining all tasks necessary to achieve project completion, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* Keeps abreast of compliance requirements for product/package labeling; participates in training on regulatory issues as required; brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
* Communicates effectively with all levels of management and business units, and possesses a high degree of flexibility/selectivity in prioritizing business unit and plant projects to meet established goals.
Please make sure you read the job description, this position is more of a proof reader.