Technical Writer/Editor- Communications (3436)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Technical Writer/Editor- Communications
This position is for communications, writing, and editing support for a specific task supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing, proofreading, and/or editing documents, including reports, user manuals, briefings and presentations, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements. You will also be responsible for reviewing, editing, and coordinating the production of publications, ensuring that the deliverables meet established quality standards, and are edited according to agreed-upon schedules.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will become part of a team that supports the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. The candidate will primarily assist in:
* Editing, writing, and proofreading publications;
* Analyzing written communication and making substantive changes when necessary;
* Ensuring that grammar, structure, readability, and presentation of documents meet LMI and industry standards;
* Conferring with authors about the deliverable s intended message, audience, style, and schedule of publications; and
* Overseeing workflow of publications throughout the publishing process.
Ideally, the candidate should understand federal health care programs, though training will be offered on the job. He/she should also be detail-oriented, comfortable collaborating with a large team working in multiple locations, and able to oversee a rigorous publication process. Because the successful applicant will produce education and outreach materials for external distribution, he/she should possess superior writing, editing, and organization skills as he/she will be responsible for quality control of all products. The ideal candidate is also a self-starter and problem-solver who can recommend process improvement strategies and identify creative ways to implement best practices.
* Bachelor s degree in English, Communications, or a related field with 1-3 years of experience
* Knowledge of the English language and the mechanics of writing for external publications
* Working knowledge of publishing processes and professional standards
* Health policy, public relations, and/or communications experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Superior interpersonal & communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong time management skills and ability to coordinate tasks and set priorities with little supervision. Self-directed and detail-oriented in completing assigned tasks
* Able to adapt to changing work efforts and to manage shifting priorities
* Able to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication
LMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
McLean, Virginia, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.