Technical Writer / Editor 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 4+ years of technical writing experience and at least 2 years' experience with the development of help manuals/guides in a software development environment, preferably Software Development experience. Experience documenting software/system manuals, system test plans, system test scripts and procedures and training materials.
A technical professional who has excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong English and grammar skills. SharePoint experience is a plus. Knowledge of usability best practices helpful. Application of information security principles essential. Experience with content management systems and version control a must. Understanding of Quality Management System principles and ISO9001 principles is required. Understanding of CMMI principles a plus.
Develop, write, edit and review technical documents for
o System Design
o Training material
o Instruction books
o Related technical publications concerned with
The installation, operation, and maintenance of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and other equipment.
The successful candidate:
* Interviews subject matter experts
* Reads journals, reports, and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
* Reviews published materials
* Recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, content
* Recommends methods of reproduction and binding
* Reviews and understands client requirements and prepares information appropriate for the audience
* Ensure process compliance.
* Implement and facilitate quality management program, initiatives, process development and process improvement by working with cross-functional representation across multiple sites to ensure buy-in and adherence to processes and to assure a high level of quality products and services.
* Integrate and align the processes that will best achieve the desired results.
* Identify the interface of key activities within and between the functions of the organization.
* Apply strategic decision-making skills to identify performance gaps and establish goals and objectives to successfully meet the organization's expectations.
* Review and analyze data and customer-facing documentation to ensure high quality products are being produced and to minimize unnecessary rework.
* Oversee supplier surveillance activities and participate in supplier surveillance of suppliers.
* Communicate and coordinate quality issues and performance measures with project management team on a regular basis.
* Participate in advanced quality planning during design, contract, and process reviews.
* Provide diagnostic research; analyze data, identify trends, and suggest corrective and preventive actions
* Conduct audits and work with management and responsible team members to assure timely correction action implementation to close identified gaps.
* Present information effectively to all levels of the company in electronic, oral, and/or written form, adhering to corporate branding policies and in accordance with the organization's communications strategy.
* Collect, report, verify, validate and maintain product and quality metrics, as needed.
* Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Interact with all levels of management and with key contacts in and outside own area of expertise.
* Perform other duties as identified for Quality initiatives
The successful candidate
* Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding
* Formats files according to set standards.
* Creates and inserts digital drawings, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
* Assists in laying out material for publication.
* Arranges for production and distribution of material.
* Create, link, edit, and format documents in MS Word and occasionally MS Excel and Powerpoint
* Work with systems engineers to update requirements and documentation.
* Understand front-end and back-end software.
* Establish, systematize and maintain libraries for documentation
* Understand the functionality of a software product, and translate that knowledge into printed and on-line materials.
* Good time management skills to handle multiple projects and be flexible with time and work schedule.
* Provide consistent follow-through on projects.
* Follow instructions with minimal supervision.
* Work individually and cooperatively in a team environment. Have a willingness to share knowledge.
Required Skills and Skill Level
* Software Development Lifecycle - expert understanding of Waterfall and Agile Methodology
* Word - Expert
* Excel - Intermediate
* Visio - Intermediate
* SharePoint 2007 - Intermediate
* Adobe Acrobat Pro - Intermediate
* Office 2010 - Intermediate
* ISO 9001:2008 Process Compliance - Intermediate.
BA/BS or equivalent education in English or Technical Writing