Technical Writer/Editor - NPPD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
BayFirst Solutions LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHO WE ARE
BayFirst Solutions, a rapidly growing security management and technology consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has immediate openings for experienced consultants. Recently ranked #16 of Top Workplaces by the Washington Post and named to Washington Technology s Fast 50 Fastest Growing Contractors List, BayFirst works closely with clients to develop and deliver innovative physical/ personnel/ transportation security, critical infrastructure protection, risk management, counterintelligence and homeland security solutions. For more information about BayFirst Solutions, please visit www.bayfirst.com.
LOCATION: Washington, DC
US CITIZENSHIP: Yes
CLEARANCE REQ\'D: DHS Suitability
BayFirst is seeking a Technical Writer to perform Infrastructure Protection (IP) mission support activities for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD).
* Work closely with client, and produce high quality, low-error, professional informational materials.
* Utilize substantial knowledge of particular DHS programs and activities to develop informational materials and to select and present information in a form and at a level suitable for the intended audience.
* Produce informational materials that may be used for internal or external dissemination at the national and international levels, and may include internal reports and publications; summaries of programs, reports of research findings, and news articles.
* Gather, analyze, and/or compose complex technical information.
* Conduct, review, and/or analyze research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
* Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
* Write or edit technical materials, such as reports of research findings; technical articles; news releases; Standard Operating Procedures; guidance documents; and/or periodicals on research or technical subjects.
* Organize material and write descriptive copy according to establish standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
* Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
* Review documents for technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
5 years relevant experience
BA/BS IN RELEVANT FIELD.
Microsoft Office Suite
Thank you for your interest in BayFirst Solutions LLC. If you are unable or limited in your ability to apply online, you can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources to express interest in a specific position: Phone: (202) 541-1010.
Note: This option is available only to those needing an accommodation related to a disability. In order to express interest, you must have the information related to the specific position you are interested in (Job ID, Job title, Location, etc.). Information related to existing profiles or applications will not be provided via this phone number.
BayFirst Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. BayFirst Solutions prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class.