This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
Sterling Heights, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Job Title: Technical Writer / Editor
Job Location: sterling Heights, MI
* Creates and revises technical documentation for track and amphibious vehicles in the defense industry including product descriptions, detailed functional descriptions, operating procedures, fault isolation, maintenance and repair procedures.
* Ensures compliance with customer requirements, government specifications, engineering standards, and language usage principles.
* Understands and uses military specifications (style guides) to create documents that will be authenticated for use by our US Army and Marine customers.
* Researches and consults with engineering staff on systems and equipment to create and revise technical documentation.
* Analyzes and interprets engineering drawings and other technical data to translate information into technical documentation.
* May assist with on-vehicle validation of written procedures in a shop environment.
* Evaluates illustrations and graphics to determine how to best utilize them within documentation. Requests the creation of new illustrations/graphics or changes to existing illustrations/graphics.
* Uses Adobe Acrobat Professional software for graphic submissions.
* Ability to understand and translate engineering designs into understandable language for non-engineers and to write documentation while still maintaining the desired meaning.
* Ability to write technical documentation of limited scope and complexity and engage in problem solving discussions with cross-functional team members.
* Ability to concentrate, attention to detail, and command of the English language.
Required and Preferred Skills:
* XML Proficiency: Demonstrated use of an XML editor, preferably Arbortext Epic Editor or OXygen software.
* Mechanical Aptitude: This position Requires the ability to understand how service and operator procedures are performed on military vehicles.
* Candidate must demonstrate the Ability to read a drawing, interpret the best way to service a part, and follow a style guide / global list to ensure consistent format and verbiage.
* Adobe Acrobat Professional Proficiency: Demonstrated use of software to complete electronic markups. This software s is used to create art markups and to adjudicate quality control (QC)/quality assurance (QA) comments.
* Good Communication Skills
* Self-Starter who works well with other team members to put together a consistent technical document with one voice to the customer.
* Ability to work with a diverse team in several physical locations
* Content Management System (CMS) experience preferred but not required
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.