Technical Writer (3381)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Logistics Management Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The acquisition documentation Technical Editor position is designed to assist the documentation team with content reviews, edits, and updates, as well as manage the organization and distribution of documents within the SharePoint collaborative environment. As technical editor, the candidate will perform reviews and edits of acquisition documentation under development including, but not limited to: organization, content, technical accuracy, and style. The technical editor will create and maintain an internal style guide and acronym list. The technical editor will prepare, rewrite, and edit documents to improve technical accuracy, readability, and conform documents to an organizational style guide. The technical editor will support the acquisition document development schedules and provide updates as necessary. The technical editor will manage the teams SharePoint Wiki, content management workspace, and document libraries for acquisition documentation.
* Prepare, rewrite and edit acquisition documentation in line with document style guide.
* Read, copy, and proof read documentation to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
* Read, evaluate and edit documentation, PowerPoint briefings or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization.
* Meet frequently with document authors and managers to discuss document status and resolve problems.
* Assist in coordinating work of document authors.
* Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
* Support development of acquisition documentation briefs, memos, and formal communications
SharePoint Sub-Site Administrator:
* Design, maintain, and manage the team/project acquisition documentation SharePoint library.
* Manage document check in/check out, alerts, and version history.
* Manage and maintain access to SharePoint for existing and new team members. Integrate into the existing request access process to ensure only authenticated users gain access.
* Develop and maintain appropriate document meta-tags and apply to acquisition documentation.
* Design, manage, and maintain the acquisition documentation teams SharePoint Wiki and content management workspace.
* Manage permissions and restrict and revoke access where necessary; create, leverage and manage content types, site columns and templates for re-use in the sites; setup and manage alerts to monitor activity on business critical information as required.
* 3+ years experience technical writing/editing documentation. Experience with DoD acquisition documentation is a plus
* Experience with formal documentation release and production
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* SharePoint 2013 site experience
* Good problem-solving skills
* Attention to detail and ability to work independently
* Knowledge and proficiency in using the Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
* Knowledge of MS Outlook
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
LMI is committed to the fair treatment of all and to our policy of providing applicants and employees with equal employment opportunities. LMI recruits, hires, trains, and promotes people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other factors protected by applicable law. We welcome applications for employment from qualified disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other covered veterans.