Technical Writer II 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TECHNICAL WRITER II
TECHNICAL WRITER II
Full Time - Direct
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB :
Prepare customer manuals and supplements, HAECO manuals and supplements, and other technical documentation in accordance with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards of quality.
Essential Job Duties:
* Research and review engineering drawings, engineering orders, and related technical data defining aircraft modifications and assembly/subassembly/component specifications, determine the effect on customer technical publications, and use the materials to produce accurate, high quality customer technical publications, which adhere to ATA iSpec 2200 format.
* Revise customer manuals - component maintenance manuals and/or aircraft maintenance manual supplements and all HAECO and Cabin Solutions company manuals.
* Provide support to and share knowledge with other internal departments with regard to customer technical publications.
* Provide support to and share knowledge with other internal departments with regard to in-house technical publications, such as forms, guides, intranet sites, and manuals.
* Interface and coordinate in a professional manner with other HAECO departments, internal customers, to ensure customer, regulatory, and HAECO requirements are met and to promote and support organizational business interests.
* Must be able to work on complex documentation tasks with limited assistance.
* Promote and contribute to continuous improvement of Technical Publications department, including procedures, quality control, workflow, and tools.
* Monitor and suggest QC standards
* Display self leadership by volunteering to work unfamiliar assignments.
* Ability to write for, and produce as final, multiple technical publication types from among CMMs, ICAs, In-house documentation.
* Demonstrate developed production illustration skills.
* Demonstrate developed production structured FrameMaker (FM) skills.
* Demonstrate active pursuit of professional certification or other formal demonstration of knowledge of industry concepts practices and procedures.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of HAECO policies and procedures.
* Demonstrate expertise in technical documentation methods and procedures used at HAECO.
* Ability to function as an OJT Trainer for lower levels.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience.
* Three years experience as a technical writer.
* Computer skills [MS Word, Windows environment, Internet browser].
* Must be fluent in English read, write, speak and understand.
* Must have excellent oral, written, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read and comprehend written engineering, engineering drawings, and other technical data.
* Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with strong desire to work in a team.
* Must be available for overtime and/or to work a flexible schedule, as job requirements dictate.
* Two years technical writing experience documenting modifications to transport category aircraft and/or manufacture of transport category aircraft assemblies, subassemblies, and/or components.
* Thorough knowledge of aircraft technical manuals such as MM, IPC, SRM, etc. and the ATA iSpec 2200 format.
* Thorough knowledge of FAA regulations, specifications, and related requirements.
* Structured FM experience, authoring and development, including working with EDDs and using FM to create a FM-to-XML roundtrip (DTDs, structured applications, read/write rules).
* Aircraft-related technical illustration experience.