Technical Writer III (Sr. Creative Copywriter) 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Bio-Rad is looking for a highly skilled and creative Copywriter who knows how to tell a story and engage customers. We're looking for someone who believes that strong brands are built on great stories, knows how to craft them and can weave them into a broad range of online and offline materials.
You will contribute to the strategic development process, collaborate with designers and craft the copy. You should possess sharp, creative writing skills and have the ability to understand more than one voice; adapt your writing skills as necessary to long form or ad headlines. You should be able to partner with art directors and designers to ensure the art direction supports the concept. In addition to being an exceptional writer, you must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and work closely with clients. You must be able to create a range of concepts for each project, be self-motivated with a positive attitude and have strong communication skills. This role requires a wordsmith to develop messaging and content that speaks to the target audience and inspires them to take action!
Job duties include developing promotional and educational materials for our Clinical Diagnostics products. These items which include brochures, advertisements, e-campaigns, presentations, videos and much more, will be used globally.
Impeccable grammar and an ability to shift styles are paramount. Healthcare experience is preferred.
What you\'ll be doing:
* Develop creative ideas for new marketing campaigns/themes
* Collaborate with designers on the look, tone, and feel of new marketing campaigns, assets, and collateral
* Collaborate with colleagues across product marketing and product management to develop new themes, messaging, and content
* Interview subject matter experts to generate new blog posts, white papers, eBooks, and webinar topics
* Create and develop interesting, factual, and relevant marketing content (for website, e-campaigns, social media platforms, print collateral, video scripts, etc.) through research and inquiries
* Proofread and edit all marketing communications materials to ensure consistency across all products by brand and campaign.
What\'s in it for you:
* Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more
* Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company
* Great work environment
What you need for this role:
* BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent experience
* 5-7 years experience in copywriting and proofreading for Pharmaceutical/Medical/Healthcare industry
* Exceptional writing, proofreading and grammar skills with an eye for detail
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to craft a compelling narrative (story telling) in a succinct, clear and concise manner while still applying a finessed vocabulary
* Knowledge of techniques and principles appropriate to a variety of media
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with little supervision; possess strong relationship-building skills with ability to influence and motivate others
* Ability to lead or take direction on team projects while understanding the value of collaborative thought and execution
* Exceptional organization, communication, interpersonal, planning and time management skills
* Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle and manage a large project load across multiple categories
* Demonstrate conceptual skills by translating healthcare issues into a powerful yet simple marketing message
* Possess copywriting and proofreading experience in a medical/healthcare publication setting; proficient with medical terminology and the 10th edition of the AMA Manual of Style
* Experienced in developing communications programs aimed at healthcare professionals and patients
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the company both diplomatically and effectively
* Have a high level of initiative, strong drive and motivation with a "do whatever it takes" work ethic
* Responsive to feedback
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.