Technical Writer 8/10/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Are you looking for your ideas to affect changes within the healthcare market and improve the lives of patients throughout the world* Netsmart Technologies is innovating rapidly to build solutions that break down the barriers between providers, academia, research organizations, partners, and patients. This is your chance to work on the cutting edge as part of a fast-growing, dynamic, entrepreneurial team pushing the boundaries of healthcare computing.
* Develop and update technical documentation/content adhering to formatting, content and style guidelines
* Develop and update online content
* Develop processes and procedures for keeping documentation up-to-date
* Ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson
* Make editorial and aesthetic improvements to documents and recommend new designs, layouts, and procedures
* Act in a self-directed, consultant role to determine and understand internal and external customer needs for documentation
* Serve as a coach and mentor for other writers on the team
* Develop on-line training materials
* Balance multiple projects and timelines
* Bachelor's degree
* Master's degree, a plus
* DITA experience required
* 5+ years of experience authoring online help files
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Wiki experience, a plus
It all begins with a Spark! At Netsmart we look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and innovative environment. We value individual contributions in a team setting and offer a progressive set of support tools and training. We are proud to offer an excellent compensation package, which includes a complete suite of benefits for full-time employees.
Other benefits include:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance available Day 1
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long Term Disability
* 401(k) Plan/EAP
Netsmart is committed to helping health and human services providers deliver effective, recovery-based care.
To learn about our culture, industry and job opportunities visit our career site, Facebook or Twitter account.
Ignite your career today!