Technical Writer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONViavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) software and hardware platforms and instruments deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks. Precise intelligence and actionable insight from across the network ecosystem optimizes the service experience for increased customer loyalty, greater profitability and quicker transitions to next-generation technologies. Viavi is also a leader in anti-counterfeiting solutions for currency authentication and high-value optical components and instruments for diverse government and commercial applications.
EOE/M/F/ Vet/ Disabled
You will be part of a global team that has responsibility for a broad range of customer documentation, working with development and support teams. You will be working closely with the Engineering team as they update/add features to existing products and develop new products for the telecommunications network and service enablement market. Your understanding of this technology will allow you to create original content for online help, end user manuals, installation and configuration guides, quick start guides and other user documentation. You will also be updating all certificates of compliance /conformance/quality as required by our customers. You will be primarily responsible for efforts of the Morrisville, NC, Dallas, TX and Colorado Springs, CO sites, but may assist in supporting any of the other sites.
* Creating customer technical documentation to include user manuals, installation guides, configuration guides and online
* Testing documentation accuracy by using the products
* Creating documentation project plans with accurate work and schedule estimates
* Attending R&D reviews and working with R&D to obtain information required to document products
* Representing Technical Publications on project core team reviews
* Facilitating language translations, as required.
* Fixing any customer documentation issues found by R&D or customers
* Maintaining documentation templates and style guides
* Proposing best practices for documentation and related functions, such as technical training and knowledge management
* Strong working knowledge of the telecommunications industry
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Mastery of FrameMaker and the Adobe Technical Communications Suite of products
* Strong skills in the MS Office suite of applications
* Structured Authoring/DITA experience a plus (oXygen and WebWorks)
* 2+ years of experience in technical writing/editing.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in communications, English, or journalism, or a relevant technical degree plus formal coursework in technical writing.
* Strong working knowledge of mobile and telecommunications networks
* Demonstrated passion for writing and for user advocacy.
* Demonstrated success as both an individual contributor and a member of cross-functional teams.
* Demonstrated knowledge of project or time management.
* Demonstrated experience in gathering information efficiently while limiting time demands on subject-matter experts.
* 2+ years in FrameMaker tool and the Adobe Technical Communications Suite of products
* Experiencetemplates and style guide
* Structured Authoring/DITA experience a plus
* Familiarity with Agile development is beneficial
* Familiarity with C++ or similar programming language is beneficial
* Structured Authoring experience a plus (oXygen and WebWorks)