Technical Writer 8/31/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Technical Writer
Pay rate: $32/hr
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 12months (with a possibility of extension)
Our client is a large American multinational company primarily providing avionics and information technology systems and services to governmental agencies and aircraft manufacturers.
Since 1980 APR Consulting, Inc. has provided professional recruiting and contingent workforce solutions to a diverse mix of clients, industries, and skill sets nationwide.
APR has been engaged to identify hard working Technical Writer who will be responsible to write, rewrite and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively, technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences to include military personnel.
* This position will require the initiative to acquire subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referencing technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
* This position will also require the active participation in overseeing the preparation of illustrative materials, to include the selection of drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Furthermore, this position requires the responsibility to conduct quality reviews of materials.
The candidate will possess:
* Previous IETM authoring and development experience.
* Familiar with aircraft systems.
* General understanding of S1000D, SGML or XML authoring software, common source database, and technical publications development processes.
To qualify for this opportunity candidates must have:
* 3Years with Bachelors; or/
* 1Year with Masters or/
* High School Diplomas plus 11years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Compensation and Benefits:
We pay weekly every Friday, have direct deposit, and offer a competitive benefits package: Medical, Dental Vision, 401k plan, etc. - Benefits available shortly into this contract (30+ days - starting with the 1st of the month following 30days of service).
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you feel your experience is the match for this position please apply today and join our team. We look forward to working with you!