This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Technical Writer for our client in the Health Insurance domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Tampa, FL 33607
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Technical Writer
Role Description: The Technical Writer would need to have at least 2+ years of experience. This Candidate will be delivering a technical solution for secondary technology operations site and is responsible for meeting with business/technical partners directly and facilitating/lead requirements/WBS gathering sessions (white boarding, brainstorming).
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand and resolve issues, mitigate risks and dependencies and the ability to gather business requirements.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of overall technical experience with Enterprise technologies.
- 2+ years of technical documentation delivery including extensive work with Visio and Excel.
- Ability to execute the following:
- Deliver architecture, engineering or build documentation that can be used to articulate IT solutions to Application Architects, Engineers, Operations and the application owners.
- Employ various authoring and desktop publishing software tools to produce finished products that include printed or electronic publications and integrated online help systems.
- Use feedback to recommend ideas for improved product development and support services to further support the business.
- Responsible for developing or executing project plans and schedules, and delivering accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Skills include proven excellence with enterprise engineering technologies and deliverables.
- Position requires collaboration skills and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, testing, operations, security and compliance and project management office, as well as business customers and external vendors.
- Ability to communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation with Microsoft Office and particularly Visio.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks and resolving issues in order to deliver quality projects on time and within budget.
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Familiar with the following technologies: Hardware OS - IBM AIX, Sun Solaris, Windows; Storage SANs Oracle Databases; Network Switches, etc.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 2+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Rob McCranie