This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: TECHNICAL WRITER
LOCATION: VIENNA, VA
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS
BASIC PURPOSE: To support the project team by creating and updating documentation including program workflows, logical processes, operating system environments and interfaces with other systems.
* Conduct research on programs and applications through observation, research and discussions with technical specialists.
* Organize and write supporting project documents for programs and applications directly or indirectly impacted by project implementation.
* Develops and maintains documentation describing program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
* Revise documents as new issues arise.
* Submit copies to project technical lead for feedback.
* Deliver high quality documentation in short timeframes.
* Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the project and the project documentation requirements.
* Must have strong writing and editing skills to create precise and detailed documents which explain technical information clearly.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities and ability to adapt to changing requirements and evolving needs.
* Excel at working independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to analyze a problem or process and suggest improvements.
* Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
* Demonstrated experience in systems analysis & design, workflow or procedural analysis.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
* College degree or formal training in information technology, computer science.
* 5years experience or training in writing about software technologies.
* Editing and communication skills are required as is significant knowledge and experience using Visio and other desktop publishing applications.