Technical Writer (mid level)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Technical Writer to support an important government customer in the Herndon, VA.
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Secret/Interim Secret
Daily Job Responsibilities:
* Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as knowledge base articles, technical procedure manuals, user manuals, reports and documentation to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and detailed instructions to a wide range of audiences.
* Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing other knowledge management team members, technical support specialists, software development team members and through observation of same.
* Author and review technical documents (including knowledge base articles, manuals, reports and other documentation) for accuracy and adherence to defined standards.
* Identifies new Knowledge Base content through research of Remedy tickets and interviews with technical staff.
* Validate and publish Knowledge Base articles.
* Assists in preparing material for technical seminars and business forums.
* May be called upon to assist in technical or business presentations in such meetings as business or customer needs require.
* 3 years of technical support experience
* Ability to understand complex technical and users processes
* Ability to produce clear, concise documentation, technical articles, reports, manuals and documentation including editing of screen captures for documentation.
* Experience authoring knowledge base articles in Remedy Knowledge Management.
Technical support experience in Department of State
Degree & Years of Experience:
Bachelor's degree in related field plus 3 or more years of experience. Equivalent experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
ITIL v3 Foundation within 6 months of starting
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.