Technician, Cytoprep III (On-Call) - Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Technician, Cytoprep III located in Indianapolis, IN.
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3762834
Under general supervision, Cytopreparatory Technician III is proficient in all of the functions required of the Cytopreparatory Technician II. They are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and reporting to the Cytology Prep Supervisor/Manager.
1. All job accountabilities and duties required of the Cytopreparatory Technician II.
2. Accessions and processes Non-Gynecologic specimens and/or Surepath specimens for microscopic evaluation.
3. This includes assigning accession numbers, Thin Prep Processing, Surepath processing, running the strainers, changing reagents, and cover slipping.
4. Prepares specimens for Chlamydia trachomatis & Neisseria gonorrhea (CT/NG) testing.
5. Must render a gross description of all Non-Gynecologic specimens.
6. Responsible for assuring that all inventories are complete and appropriate supplies are ordered.
7. Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep. Lab. 8. Responsible for completion of all quality control, safety, and preventative maintenance logs on a daily basis.
9. Trains new Cyto Prep techs in proper Cytopreparation techniques and accessioning procedures.
10. Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
11. General problem solving.
12. Will also identify test in question (TIQ) and problem specimens.
13. All other duties as assigned.
14. Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
15. Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
16. Must be able to collaborate with other departments, colleagues, and clients in problem solving.
17. Able to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing and staining of specimens.
18. Data entry skills. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
1. Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of specimens and supplies.
2. Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
3. Work in a chemical environment.
4. Work in a biohazardous environment, practicing good safety habits.
Work Experience: Anatomic Pathology experience preferred
Must be willing to get State Licensure if required..
Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.