Technician - Field, Solids Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Calumet Specialty Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The SolidsControl Technician is responsible for rigging up and rigging down fieldequipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor and operate field equipment on 12 hour day time and nighttime shifts
* Taking mud weights, viscosities and chloride checks as needed
* Change and inspect shaker screens
* Perform routine maintenance on all field equipment
* Keep slides free of cutting buildup
* Keep location clean and orderly
* Fill out daily reports, labor tickets and inventory reports
* Assist in the training of new hires
* Continually assist in looking for improvements in cleaning fluid
* All technicians must be willing to travel and be gone for the duration of their hitch
* Previous experience with rigging up and rigging down field equipment preferred
* GED or High school diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* A person working in the oilfield industry must be hard working and adaptable to different working environments
* Sound physical health is first requirement because of the rigors involved
* Persons must be a quick learner and regular, as attendance is very important
* It is a team work atmosphere, so one must coordinate well with his or her team members
* Personswill be working in the outside elements year round
* Theposition works both daytime and nighttime hours on 12 hours shifts. Theoperations run 24 hours a day.
* Oilfieldis a hazardous environment, always be aware of your surroundings
* Thisposition regularly works 14 days straight then has 7 days off schedule.