Technician, Grossing I (PT) Knoxville, TN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Technician, Grossing I (PT) Knoxville, TN.
Schedule: Wednesday & Friday, PT 8hrs, Day shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763667
1. A.S. degree or equivalent training and experience
2. Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Tissue Gross Examinations SOP and 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489.
1. B.S. degree or equivalent training and experience
2. 3 years of histology and/or surgical gross experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation
of surgical specimens for Histologic processing, according to policies and procedures.
2. Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling.
3. Maintain the integrity of the specimen and patient identification.
4. Describe gross anatomic features of routine, uncomplicated surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures are mentioned.
5. Capable of grossing moderate to high complex/complicated specimens under direct and indirect supervision, as applicable to training and experience.
6. Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with indirect supervision (i.e., gall bladders, oriented skin lesions, etc.).
7. May oversee performance of Grossing Technician I.
8. Escalates non-routine, complicated surgical specimens to Pathologist Assistants.
9. Record measurements, weight, volume and any abnormal findings as applicable.
10. Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic processing.
11. May be trained to perform basic Histology functions (i.e., embedding, microtomy, routine and special stains and frozen sectioning) if personnel meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
12. Complete all associated paperwork (i.e., workload recording, PM/temperature charts, etc.)
13. Follow the laboratory s applicable procedures for job-related responsibilities.
14. Interact directly with pathologists regarding gross dissection/description activities, including defined specimen types that require direct supervision by a pathologist.
15. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or director.
16. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
17. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
18. Comply with all required Quest Diagnostics corporate continuing education requirements.
19. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
20. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.