Technician IT Service 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
1015 Cubic Corporation
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Responds to IT Service Center (ITSC) requests regarding basic hardware, software and network issues. Serves as the first point of contact for end users who call or email the ITSC. Follows established procedures and instructions to identify and resolve technical problems. All requests must be accepted, recorded and resolved or assigned appropriately. More complicated issues should be passed to Service Specialist for further investigation and resolution. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
* Analyzing Incidents to identify service restoration actions to be taken
* Performing Incident investigation diagnosis and resolution
* Monitoring the status and progress towards resolution of assigned Incidents
* Assisting with the fulfillment of Service Requests
* Assisting with the detection and recording of possible Problems
* Keeping affected business partners informed about progress
* Escalating the process as necessary per established escalation policies
* Provide hardware and software support for all supported Personal Computer and Mobile Devices plus associated peripherals
* Provides basic support of telephony and UC systems
* Provides support of conference room audio video equipment
* Maintaining accurate hardware and software inventory and configuration information
* Creates knowledge articles for publication to technical and non-technical personnel
* Provides basic training to end users on ad-hoc basis
* Work as part of an on-call shift rotation for out of hours IT support.
* Comply with Cubic s Quality Management System
* Comply with Cubic Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
* Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organizations
* Other duties as requested
* The shift will be 2:30 p.m. 11:00 p.m. M-F
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school degree plus a minimum of two years of experience supporting customers in a technical environment. Previous experience desirable. Microsoft Certified Professional qualification (MCP). Technical knowledge of basic computer hardware, software and networking issues. Proficient PC Skills, including but not limited to, past and present Microsoft desktop operating systems, Office software suite and web browsers. Proven ability to support customers in a technical environment. Understanding of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP. Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with others. Good problem solving skills. Clear potential for advancement. Willingness to take ownership of problems and follow through to completion. Customer focused with ability to promptly answer support related email, phone calls, and other electronic communications. This is a 24/7 global helpdesk and candidate must be willing to work nights, weekends and 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts.