Technician - Industrial Laundry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONIndustrial Laundry Technicians are responsible for the industrial laundry process. This includes, but it not limited to: Sorting, washing, drying, pressing, folding and packaging of launder able goods. This includes but is not limited to: rugs, mops, uniforms, lab coats, towels, wipes, sheets and rags.
TEK Products, a division of VWR International based in Long Lake MN, provides contamination control and laundry services. TEK also distributes filtration and fluid management solutions, and caters to fluid management, medical device, biotech, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, flex circuit, wafer and chip manufacturing, education, and avionics markets.
* Responsible for adhering to General Process and Procedures with regard to industrial laundry processes.
* Complete the following laundry tasks as assigned:
* Industrial washer operation
* Industrial dryer operation
* Inspection and repair criteria
* Repair damaged garments by use of heat press
* Folding process for all types of launder able goods
* Scanner operation
* Heat sealing bags
* Barcode application
* Customer specific bagging requirements
* Garment sorting by customer/ garment type
* Heat press operation
* Sorting and hanging garments
* Pre-inspection and final inspection of goods
* Stage goods in corresponding delivery day locations
* Industrial rug rolling, washing, loading and unloading as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
* Being punctual
* Ability to take direction
* Works well with others
* Ability to learn new tasks
* Works quick and efficiently
* Ability to complete on the job training. Observe and practice SOP s including, but not limited to:
* TEK products orientation
* Laundry and general operations and procedures
* Washer/dryer operation
* High School completion or equivalent (GED) preferred
* Previous warehouse experience preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment varies.
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 40 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.vwrjobs.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .