Technician QA Mfg
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
US Smokeless Tobacco Company's role is to responsibly manufacture and market USSTC brands to adult tobacco consumers in a financially disciplined way, and to provide manufacturing services to PM USA and NuMark for their smokeless products. We are currently seeking a highly qualified QA Technician to join our quality department in Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
The successful candidate's primary role will be to support under the direction of supervision and use proven techniques and quality tools to monitor and inspect processes in the manufacturing environment. Also, performs laboratory procedures, inspects products, measures process performance, and records data.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Utilizing established sampling/inspection plans and procedures, perform analytical evaluations to monitor quality attributes to assure compliance to specified requirements.
* Document, analyze & report test results and communicate to QA Management and Manufacturing.
* Assess data for compliance to specifications, assures the initiation of remedial actions for potential out-of-control conditions and deviations.
* Verify/Calibrate of laboratory & manufacturing equipment and adjust accordingly within a predefined and limited protocol.
* Provides training and guidance for contractors and FQA personnel.
* Minimum: Associates degree from a two-year college in Science/Technology/Engineering or 5 years of work experience.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Science/Technology/Engineering plus 1 year of work experience.
* Certifications: Certified Quality Technician or Certified Quality Auditor is preferred.
* Must be a Kentucky resident or willing to become a Kentucky resident.
* Must be able to lift 30 lbs and be on feet most of the day.
At US Smokeless Tobacco Company, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your quality skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://altria.contacthr.com/50593459.jpg / img height='1' width='1' border='0' src='https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=tf&c=19&mc=imp&pli=17363673&PluID=0&ord=10-07-2016&rtu=-1' alt='' /