Technician - Service Desk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTION- Shift: Monday - Friday 3:00 PM - Midnight (2 positions)
- Answer the Service Desk phones in support of enterprise workstations/clients and application systems.
- Work tickets created via email when not on the phone.
- Provide remote assistance to end-users.
- Document issues within enterprise ticket tracking system with meaningful information consistently.
- Maintain a positive attitude and excellent level of customer service.
- Identify priorities, organize tickets, and distribute unresolved issues to other IT staff accordingly
- Ability to work well in a changing environment.
- Continues self-education and awareness of hardware, software, and systems related technology as it applies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good knowledge of workstation/client systems and associated peripherals, operating systems, Microsoft Products, and Outlook.
- Customer service skills required, as well as the ability to function within and contribute to a strong team environment.
- Excellent phone presence. Must enjoy assisting customers through issues on the telephone.
- A+ certification
- 2+ years of call center related IT experience
- Familiarity with pre-installed software base (Windows, Office, SharePoint, proprietary, and utility software), remote control software, enterprise applications, and ticket management systems (preferably Remedy).
- Ability to discover customer problem sources from inaccurate descriptions; and ability to troubleshoot client and server issues.
- Experience with local and networked printers, smart phones, Windows 7 & Windows 10, Office 2013. Having worked in a complex technical environment is a plus.
- Flexibility to sometimes work a night or weekend shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications