This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:
TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Technician, SwitchDescriptionActs as a technical contributor within and occasionally outside his or her immediate team. Responsible for staying current in technical theory, application, and operational discipline. Takes on technical and project-related efforts, providing communication as directed. The Technician has a solid understanding of theory and application related to project management, radio access networks, backhaul to sites, signaling, disaster recovery planning and response, data services, and location-based services. The Technician has a basic understanding of theory and application related to network design, capacity planning, power systems AC/DC, and grounding.Enterprise Core CompetenciesRequires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadershipQualificationsMinimum Required
- 2 years' experience in Switch operations and maintenance, with a proven track record of success
- 3+ wireless telecommunications or other related experience
- Understands basic RF Engineering, Radio Frequency theory, and Electricity and Electronics theory
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting circuits to include but not limited to T1, T3, and microwave radio
- Operational knowledge of IP based interconnect/backhaul circuits
- Solid understanding of theory and application related to RAN.
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals and objectives
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Solid skills in Microsoft office products with advanced skills in Excel specifically.
- Solid communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Supports key projects, providing day-to-day updates to Senior Technicians and Manager as directed.
- Collaborates with team members, actively participating in discussions toward achieving results.
- Supports team by contributing 100% as an individual, while prioritizing team success.
- Heavily scrutinizes actions to ensure the customer experience is protected to the greatest extent feasible.
- Quickly adapts to change, seeking to understand the whole picture to best adapt.
- Openly share ideas to help gain efficiency, solve problems, or add value to the business.
- Demonstrates continuous desire to learn and develop personally and professionally.
- Solid understanding of theory and advanced understanding of application related to transport.
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements; proficient in Microsoft OfficeEducationMinimum Required
- Vocational/Technical Training
- Vocational/Technical Training. Two-year vocational degree in a technical discipline or related technical military trainingEssential Functions
- Technical support:
Provides technical support within and occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management:
Takes on smaller projects or portions of key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress updates as requested.
Identifies and shares potential process improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or management for consideration. Provides input on process improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior Technician.
- Continuous learning:
Enrolls in and completes training requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company values and organizational requirements.We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law. .