Technicians Assistant -27030
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
West Virginia University Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Technicians Assistant (27030)
* High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
* Formal training beyond high school (i.e., technical school, apprenticeship, or college) is desirable.
Assists the Facilities Engineering department with a variety of tasks to provide a safe and comfortable environment for the patients and staff. Assists the Facilities Engineering teams on a day-to-day basis performing basic Facilities Engineering tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Exhibits a willingness to receive training and participate as an apprentice to the Facilities Engineering department.
2. Delivers tools, parts, equipment, etc., to the job site.
3. Assists the technicians by performing tasks such as holding, lifting, and/or moving of equipment, tools or materials.
4. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of storeroom inventory and inventory control procedure.
5. Performs basic building maintenance tasks and trouble calls.
6. Rotates through each team to gain building systems and equipment experience.
7. Responds to trouble calls (i.e. drains, bulbs, painting, plumbing, office equipment, wall hangings, etc.).
8. Performs basic repairs on patient care equipment (beds, overbed tables, wheelchairs, etc.) and Housekeeping equipment (sweepers, buffers, extractors, etc.).
9. Assist Facilities Engineering technicians with routine and preventive maintenance work orders on building systems and equipment.
10. Occasionally acts as a relief for technicians during manpower shortages and excessive preventive maintenance periods.
11. Maintains documentation of services provided through completion of time sheets, work orders, inventory sign-out sheets, quick calls, and all regulatory compliance forms.
1. Gains increased skills and knowledge through a combination of on-the-job training and formalized education.
2. Demonstrate an awareness of Facilities Engineering operational costs and efficient repair practices.
3. Corrects and reports any equipment related conditions which may compromise patient or staff safety and efficiency.
4. Demonstrate basic knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and test equipment commonly used in building maintenance.
5. Demonstrate basic knowledge of general safety practices and Facilities Engineering department policies.
6. Participates in meeting the goals and objectives of the department to ensure that the department contributes to the attainment of the hospital s goals and objectives.
7. Demonstrate basic knowledge of Facilities Engineering measurable indicators (10% of all preventive maintenance work orders inspected and ensure monthly inspections of departments and area rounds meet criteria used by Vice Presidents.
8. Exhibits a basic knowledge of the computer maintenance management program.
9. Promotes team work and participates in implementing change to improve the Facilities Engineering department
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the Facilities Engineering department
11. Adheres to the established performance expectations for WVUH employees in the areas of people, service, performance improvement, and shared values and culture.
Uses proper precautions in the performance of duties in which the following exposures may occur: temperatures above 100~F and/or below 45~F for sustained periods; heights above 6 feet, i.e., ladders, scaffolding, etc.: vibrations; skin and/or lung irritants such as solvents, paints, lubricants, etc.
1. Appropriate dress for above-mentioned exposures is required.
2. Use of Safety equipment is required.
3. Use of protective wear, such as goggles, gloves, boots, masks, etc., is required.