Technologist I, Clinical Laboratory - SII (Baltimore, MD)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Sysmex America Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for a Technologist I, Clinical Laboratory. This position is responsible for performing molecular diagnostic laboratory tests in accordance with the established procedures and quality control steps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria in testing procedures. Accessions and processes biological specimens according to established SOPs.
* Independently performs moderate and complex clinical tests adhering to established procedures. Exhibits skills and proficiency in applying technical principles.
* Independently uses various types of lab instrumentation and computer systems. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment and properly documenting actions taken based on an approved schedule.
* Evaluates the results of instrument performance checks. Performs linearity, accuracy and precision checks as required.
* Ability to identify problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems, if necessary. Reports any shifts or trends to a Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist or Supervisor/Manager.
* Performs Q/C and calibrations with the appropriate frequency and evaluates results, to decide whether tests should be reported. Reports any shifts or trends to a Clinical Laboratory Lead Technologist or Supervisor/Manager.
* Accurately records and performs proficiency testing.
* Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports. Takes appropriate action in response to unusual or unexpected results, and documents action taken.
* Follows established company and department policies and procedures. Follows the guidelines for safety, environmental, and infection control.
* May be required to perform Clinical Laboratory Technologist II level duties for a limited period of time, in order to establish competency prior to promotion, as well as fill in for departmental absences.
* Fluent in English, oral and written communication.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
* Associates degree or 3 years required experience in life/biological science, including experience in the Armed Forces. Bachelor s degree in life/biological preferred.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.