Technologist, Medical I, Evening, Denver, CO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Technologist, Medical I, Evening, Denver, CO.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 2pm 10:30pm, Evening Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763252
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree EXPERIENCE: BS with a minimum of one year experience in the molecular field or as a bench technologist / technician. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: * American Society of Clinical Pathologists registration as Medical Technologist (for technologist / technician) * Strongly Preferred: Molecular Diagnostics credentials (NCA or ASCP) EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS: * Technical equipment as relates to molecular diagnostics testing, including thermocyclers, centrifuges, pipettes, biological safety cabinets * Ability to operate p.c., printer, copier, and general office equipment * Required use of safety equipment SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: * Understanding of molecular diagnostics concepts and procedures * Ability to recognize and troubleshoot problems * Knowledge of regulatory compliance, including CLIA and CAP regulations * Microsoft Word and Excel WORKING CONDITIONS: * Standing and/or sitting for long periods as required to perform technical procedures and clerical functions * Exposure to biological and chemical hazards * Fast paced laboratory environment * Repetitive motions PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS: * The employee is required to sit and stand; use hands to finger; or handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, or bend; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds on a regular basis. * Can master and safely perform tasks requiring delicate and precise mechanical movements. * Ability to physically, audibly, and visually (including color discrimination) perform all functions; with or without reasonable accommodation. KEY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: * Perform routine molecular testing as needed to maintain expected turn-around-times. * Basic trouble-shooting of procedural and instrument problems, * Perform routine maintenance and temperature checks for all equipment * Communicates with clients, med techs, pathologists, and administration regarding molecular diagnostics issues * Perform related duties as required or directed * Comply with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals * Adherence to Safety Regulations * Adherence to HIPAA Regulations
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.