Technology Analyst - Campus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Travelport
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2015 net revenue was over $2.2 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
* A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
* Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport Technology Analyst
As a Technology Analyst at Travelport, you will help us evolve and advance our industry with a single-minded aim to create a more connected, more efficient and more profitable world for our customers. With a 40+ year history of both predicting and driving new innovation, we re delivering against the unmet needs of our customers and the world s travelers. In essence you will help us redefine travel commerce. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
* Analyze and interpret data to find trends and formulate sound business recommendations
* Deliver reporting, metrics and project management updates on current / forecasted workloads to include progress, obstacles, variances, and new requests
* Write automated scripts for new product developments and enhancements
* Document, test and/or analyze detailed project requirements, designs, new products, support requirements, costs, service levels, and/or data models
* Provide common technical services for OTM, Session Remediation, and Common Base Infrastructure
* Perform entry-level testing and debugging of software applications and modify code as needed
* Evaluate and manage complex storage infrastructure while developing restore testing documentation for local and remote back-up copies
* Maintain and support key applications including operating system, security, performance, client software, and supporting systems
* Maintain and support critical infrastructure and software including operating systems, system utilities, imaging, authentication, authorization, intrusion detection, communication protocols, databases, web servers, collaboration tools, proxies, and virtual systems
* Actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or related field with a graduation date of no later than Spring/Summer 2017
* Strong academic performance. Minimum GPA 3.0
* Knowledge of Cloud Engineering and Automation Engineering
* Basic understanding and working knowledge of productivity applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving abilities, and keen attention to detail
* Good leadership skills with the ability to work effectively in a team as demonstrated through extracurricular activities, school projects and/or work experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Effective organization and time management skills
* Self-motivated and proactive with a passion for the advancement of Technology
Applicants for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require Company sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Travelport is an equal employment opportunity employer..