Technology Lead DW / BI / IBM Datastage 8/9/2016
Agoura Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION : TECHNOLOGY LEAD - DW/BI/IBM DATASTAGE
LOCATION : AGOURA HILLS, CA
DURATION : FULL TIME
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required. Will also consider one year of relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education
* At least 4 years of experience with DW/BI and related tools, understanding of ETL and ELT concepts
* At least 4 years of experience with back end RDBMS and data modeling / database design(Oracle and DB2 preferred)
* At least 4 years of hands on experience in Design, Development & Build activities in IBM Datastage(v8.5 and above) ETL Projects
* At least 3 years of experience in software development life cycle
* At least 3 years of experience in DW/BI related technologies and tools - MUST
* At least 3 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on DW/BI development and maintenance projects
* At least 2 years of experience in Design and Architecture review
* Knowledge of data loading techniques using Datastage
* Develop Datastage Parallel Extender jobs using different stages like Aggregator, Join, Merge, Lookup, Source dataset, External Filter, Row generator, Column Generator, Change Capture, Copy, Funnel, Short, Peek stages etc
* Using Datastage Director for running and monitoring the jobs.
* Created Datastage sequences to run the batch jobs.
* Knowledge Best Practices in Datastage, Performance improvements, implementing CDC, UDFs
* Understanding of Unix/Linux system, file systems, shell scripting
* Strong understanding of scheduling tools such as Autosys, Control- M, Tivoli etc.
* Good knowledge on MF file structures along with RDBMS.
* Provides expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and systemarchitecture for initiatives.
* Hands-on development mentality, with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience in Financial domain
* Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
* The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.