Technology Remote Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:Directly responsible for remote support of system deployments, system troubleshooting and technical support (not an inclusive list). Sets up, configures, tests, implements, supports and maintains existing and new Securitas surveillance systems and services. Tracks and prepares detailed specifications, diagrams, and documentation supporting these systems. Provides first level technical support for IT Telecommunications and Network infrastructure components located at the Technology Support Center as well as end user workstations. Interfaces with IT technical teams, integrators and field office personnel. Monitors the operation of surveillance systems and interfaces with vendors as needed.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Support Securitas Surveillance Systems this includes configuring, trouble-shooting and remotely maintaining.
* Provide hands-on support for computer room IT equipment to include servers, switches, routers and vendor CPE equipment.
* Provide desktop support for support center personnel.
* Execute Help Desk tickets in support of all requirements for the Support Center and remote surveillance installations.
* Learn all surveillance center backbone applications and obtain certifications to be able to interface with vendors, configure new systems, trouble-shoot issues and to provide applications support.
* Monitor WAN links (MPLS, Internet, Voice, etc ) and associated hardware.
* Interface with communication s service providers/equipment vendors to report trouble and to trouble-shoot problems and ensure WAN is performing optimally.
* Maintain up-to-date firmware/software/maintenance releases.
* Provide 24/7 on call availability.
* Interface with voice, telecommunications and network personnel in support of hardware, services, and vendors as needed.
* Prepare, monitor, and manage projects and project plans and provide training where required.
* Support special projects, as needed
* Complete other tasks as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
* Bachelor s Degree and 1-2 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential function of the job, as determined by the company.
* Experience supporting and trouble-shooting a Windows environment and workstations.
* Experience with voice and data telecommunications services and providers.
* A general understanding of IP addressing.
* Ability to write technical documentation.
* Ability to organize and perform job duties within a constantly changing environment.
* Ability to interact with and oversee vendors.
* Ability to manage projects and resources to satisfactory completion.
* Experience with Video Surveillance Systems (Mileston, Avigilon, MAS, IMMIX, AXIS, AgentVi, SurGard, Vunetrix/PRTG) a plus
* Experience with Cisco networking equipment (routers and switches) a plus
* A+, MCP, CCNA, CCSA a plus
* Ability to analyze data and services and make appropriate recommendations to improve service/reduce cost
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
* Ability to effectively troubleshoot and accurately resolve problems
* General knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
* Operational knowledge of basic office equipment including telephones, fax machines, printers, and copiers
* Familiarity with standard office procedures and practices
* Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
* Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
* Skill in clear and concise oral and written communication
* Outstanding interpersonal skills
* Strong customer service and results orientation
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
* Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form
* A willingness to learn is essential as the position adapts to changes in the organization
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Computer usage
* Regular talking and hearing
* Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
* Frequent sitting, standing and walking, any of which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines
* Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving of 50 pounds or more
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule and additional hours