Technology Strategist 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Technology Strategist is a client-focused role within the agency. Individuals in this role work along-side key account teams to strengthen relationships with current and future clients. This position complements Account Teams as the technology expert, helping clients by identifying existing and forthcoming technologies that will support or enhance the client's marketing-specific and general technology strategies for product and/or service offerings. Ultimately, this role will be instrumental in elevating the agency to a position that offers greater influence on both current and future client strategy. In addition, this individual works closely with others in Development Services to understand technology capabilities, and to provide architectural and design guidance.
This position will work with both clients and Account Services through research efforts, presentations, presentation support, meetings, responses to RFPs and any other deliverables required to move the client engagement to a deeper level. In addition, this individual may be asked to play the part of technical liaison with certain key contacts within the IT or Centers of Excellence organizations for certain key clients.
* Work with Account Services to identify potential opportunities where technology can impact the client's marketing strategy and/or product offering such as enterprise technology opportunities.
* Become an integral part of brand planning opportunities with key clients along with other strategic agency roles.
* Work with Development Services and Strategic Services to understand current and future execution capabilities and identify process improvement opportunities.
* Participate in ideation sessions with clients and Account Services associates.
* Prepare responses (or portions of responses) to RFPs for clients and Account Services including technology capabilities, examples of past projects, initial estimates based upon high-level functional decomposition of proposed project, etc.
* Prepare and/or present material related to technology recommendations to clients and Account Services.
* Prepare and present certain recurring technology recommendations (web development standards, web browser trends, mobile device trends, etc.) for certain key clients.
* Travel to meet with clients regarding these initiatives as necessary.
* Attend conferences and share the knowledge with agency associates.
* Provide guidance to Account Services regarding technology feasibility and general timelines.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and Biology (science or analytical degree)
* Consulting experience is a plus