Telecom Engineer 9/3/2016
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for TELECOM ENGINEER for our client in OVERLAND PARK, KS
JOB TITLE: TELECOM ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: OVERLAND PARK, KS
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Implement and install Voice/Telecom systems, voice messaging system and deploy new phone and voice mail extensions. Possess a full understanding of and use commands to configure, move, add, and change telephone extensions within the same building as well as from building to building.
* Independently troubleshoot, trace, and repair connectivity problems from the jack to the Patch/PBX panels in both LAN/WAN and Telecom environments.
* Communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical employees. Provide outstanding customer service and world class support in a large, fast paced, high pressure, corporate environment.
* May be asked to conduct training to other technicians or non-technical employees.
* Assists in identifying and documenting process/procedure changes and/or entering technical solutions in the internal knowledge base.
* In offices outside the US, responsibilities may include: - Manage all local IT Equipment in ITAM (Asset Management) and the global AM database, Consult with GREF or Real Estate in preparation of cabling and design of company Facility Projects, work with Telecoms on demand, standards and cost forecast, - Work with CIP on local requirements for procurement activities and invoice administration, - Local Hands on troubleshooting and break fix on Laptops and Desktops, engaging vendor support if needed
* Implement and install wide-scale data communication networks (wired and wireless) for internal company needs. Possess a full understanding of protocols (TCP/IP and subnetting), VPN, and basic commands from the command prompt (ipconfig, tracert, etc.). Troubleshoot, set, and change VLANs, ports, and subnets on switches within the WAN.
* Full understanding of Call Tracking systems and ability to log/update/close tickets, prioritize issues and balance workloads bringing customer problems to full resolution. Identify incorrect process flows within the tracking system and influence change as appropriate.