Telecom Operator PBX FT Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 9/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01147-3210
Mixed (rotating weekends)
Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHoS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHoS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker s Hospital Review.
At DHoS, we utilize complete computerized charting ( Electronic Health Record ) for our patient assessment and care documentation. We also utilize eMAR, our electronic medication administration record for the delivery of all medications provided to our patients, which has significantly reduced errors associated when administering medications. In 2013, Doctors Hospital implemented our CPOE (Computerized Physician Order Entry) application called Advanced Clinicals .
The PBX Operator/Telecomm Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
* Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
* Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
* Provides information to callers as appropriate.
* Performs overhead paging.
* Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
* Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
* Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
* Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
* Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
* Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Experience in customer service position.
* Previous PBX experience is desirable.
* Ability to fluently speak and understand English.
* Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
* Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations.
* Customer service abilities.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
Last Edited: 09/12/2016