Telecom Operator PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00146-5902
The PBX Operator/Telecomm Operator responds to incoming calls in a timely manner and directs caller to appropriate destination providing a smooth, clear and professionally courteous communication practice.
* Answers multiple incoming telephone lines.
* Obtains necessary information and transfers calls to correct extensions.
* Provides information to callers as appropriate.
* Performs overhead paging.
* Monitors all alarms located in PBX and notifies appropriate personnel as required.
* Responds quickly and accurately to disaster and emergency situations as required, remaining calm.
* Corrects and updates posted information as needed. Assists with the maintenance of directories on-call list, etc.
* Accurately utilizes the features of the PBX consoles, headsets, telephones and other related equipment.
* Assist with maintaining cleanliness, safety and security of the PBX area.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and integrity of patient and organizational data.
* Ensures release of information is consistent with all privacy policies.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Experience in customer service position.
* Previous PBX experience is desirable.
* Ability to fluently speak and understand English.
* Previous experience in hospital setting preferred.
* Ability to perform calmly, competently and quickly in emergency situations.
* Customer service abilities.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and some lifting.
Last Edited: 09/14/2016