Telecom Technician - IS Telecom Network Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
The Telecommunications Technician is the second level of a three level career path. Reporting to the Manager of Telecommunications Services, performs technical and analytical work involving the planning, installation, configuration, documentation, repair and operational support of telecommunications infrastructure systems throughout the hospital complex and all off site locations and subsidiaries. The Associate Telecommunications Technician is responsible for monitoring industry changes, reviewing and evaluating new technology, maintaining documentation and standards as they relate to telecommunications systems. Work also includes hardware and software support for majority of telecommunications systems and associated devices. Systems include PBX s, digital transport for voice and data communication systems, digital voice storage, Nurse Call, intercom, radio paging, radio communications and audio/video equipment.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Additional specialized training is required in installing, maintaining, and operating communication systems.
* 0-1 years of experience in the area of telecommunications, data communications, or other closely related field.
* Ability to use and understand technical manuals and reference materials.
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to effectively train or present to end user groups
* Ability to effectively convey and articulate complex concepts and ideas to both technical and non technical staff
Telecom Technician IS Telecom Network Services