- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Telecommunications Administrative Support
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Telecommunications Administrator candidates to support the USDA at Fort Collins, CO
RESPONSIBILITIES * Will provide telecommunications billing reports for agency program managers and administrative officials, their COTRs, and other management officials.
* Will be responsible for all of the Telecommunications Services, including voice and data circuits, video conference services and wireless services.
* Performs coordination of telecommunications services provided to APHIS by the Department, other USDA Agencies, State and Local Governments, Local Exchange Carriers, telecommunications video equipment and service vendors, and the Department s Network contract provider.
* Coordinates and oversees activities related to the facility communications needs for the headquarters offices located in the Washington DC metropolitan area, which includes user support in the form of direct assistance or coordination with appropriate in-house and vendor representatives.
* Develops procedures for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of telecommunications service charges to prevent waste, loss, unauthorized use and misappropriation of assets.
* Provide direct user support and coordination of circuit issues and problems with response times of 1 hour return calls and issue response in 2 hours for initial call back.
* Provide specifications for procurement of proposed communications systems or facilities that meet user requirements and interface with existing systems.
* Provide training programs for all regional office personnel through various mechanisms approved by the government and provide regional updates as required.
* Review and recommend telecomm services and products.
* Proficient with productivity tools such as MS Office, asset tracking tools and ticketing systems.
* 5 years of experience ordering, provisioning and tracking telecommunication services with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), and other carriers such as Verizon, AT&T and Networx vendors.
* Experience with tools used to track, manage and enter inventories of telecommunications products and services.
* Comprehensive and practical knowledge of telecommunications offerings, technical capabilities and services provided, and associated costs.
* Experience with analyzing complex bills, and using information technology tools to carry out analysis, and prepare recommendations for improvements in administrative management.
* Knowledge of pertinent regulations and policies which affect the use of telecommunications services within the Agency.
* Must possess effective listening, communicating, consulting, and negotiating skills to effectively meet customer needs.
* Adhere to and enforce all relevant APHIS Network cybersecurity policies and procedures.
* Excellent writing, oral, and presentations skills.