Telecommunications Mechanic II (UNION)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Installs, tests, troubleshoots, programs, maintains, and repairs telephone equipment and telephone lines on the CII-Picatinny Arsenal Contract. Also maintains consoles, power and ringing relay racks, miscellaneous telephone, radio, fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and computer data circuits and related apparatus required in the central switching office. Analyzes system failures and other unusual system occurrences to isolate the source of the problem and determine whether the failure is caused by software, hardware, or other factors. Maintain manual and/or computerized central office records, including detail records, traffic analysis records, cable records, line records, subscriber service records and spare parts inventories. Work hours are subject to change, with weekend work or long hours as needed.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Responsible for maintaining telephone and data line services throughout the Picatinny Arsenal.
* Responsible for managing requests through the Service Desk for customer calls relating to the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of data and telephone lines and equipment.
* Works with the team to provide bulk wiring during larger projects and renovations.
* Works with the team that is responsible for all existing copper and data wiring throughout the entire Picatinny Arsenal.
* Responsible for troubleshooting various office telephone equipment.
* Responsible for reading building diagrams and office plans to determine wiring entry and distribution of data and telephone equipment throughout various buildings.
* Maintains the database used to store all of the data used for determining phone numbers, class of service, and wiring locations.
* Generates bills for various cost centers through software integrated with the telephone switch for customers.
* Works with a team of people to plan additional wiring projects and provide input to improvements and equipment cost estimates.
* May be required to provide back-up assistance to switch.
* Supports the project Safety Plan though personal involvement in all aspects of Safety, including training, safety protective equipment and clothing, and adhering to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
* Others duties as assigned.
* Timely, accurate, cost-effective performance of duties.
* Compliance with contract requirements and CII policies and procedures, including Rules of Conduct.
* Working closely and harmoniously with other employees and clients.
* Adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
* US Citizen
* Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
* Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
* Five years experience providing data and/or telephone line and equipment services.
* Able to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Able to obtain and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
* Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
* Bachelors degree in related field.