Telecommunications Planner (Guam, Santa Rita)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Santa Rita, GU
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
VSolvit LLC is seeking Telecommunications expertise to support new programs on Guam in support of several Defense Relocation efforts. As part of the Defense Program Relocation Initiative (DPRI), the Department of Defense is in the process of relocating some 5,000 Marines from Okinawa to the island of Guam. To support this move VSolvit is providing support services to Military Construction (MILCON) projects in the planning and execution stages that are building new base infrastructure to support the USMC. VSolvit requires Telecommunications expertise in one or more of the following areas: Telecom Switching (Avaya, Nortel, AT&T or other), Transmission, Outside Plant (OSP) and/or SONET, to perform GIS database operations and maintenance, GIS database reporting, and OSP planning. GIS knowledge is helpful but not a requirement however learning to use GIS to plan and map for workers to execute installs will be required.
The Telecomm Planners shall provide network and infrastructure planning support for the Guam Base Level Communications System in support of multi-phase projects, Industrial Control System (ICS) projects, OSP, MILCONS, general Guam IT infrastructure growth and modifications, and other Navy facilities and networking planning and project requirements.
Description of possible duties performed by the Telecommunications Planner
* Perform research and site surveys to develop planning data for Guam DSN and other switching and Optical Transport System hardware upgrades and expansion for network growth, improvements, expansion and modification
* Perform initial development of design plans, and red-line drawings, preparation of installation documentation and material procurement for DSN, MILCON, and other switching system and Optical Transport System at all Base Communications facility locations throughout Guam military bases
* Track implementation of GIS, ICS, and other facility networking and Guam IT infrastructure projects, assist engineers in performing System Operations Verification Tests and review and final acceptance of red-line drawings.
* Perform site surveys, collect requirement data and develop draft Base Level Information Infrastructure Master Plan for NCTS Guam, Joint Region Marianas, and Guam associated inter-base facilities
* Review MILCON telecommunications plans and project drawings. Participate in MILCON project conferences and customer s telecommunications requirement meetings. Develop and submit design plans and cost estimates to effect NCTS Guam Base Communications network and OSP infrastructure engineering changed proposal and/or new telecommunications requirement.
* Perform research and site surveys to develop planning data for NAVFACMAR upgrades and support to MILCON s. Review plans and specifications. Provide SOWs and cost estimates.
* Provide optical transmission, engineering, project management and planning support to ICS Network upgrades
* Provide support, surveys, designs and coordination to multiple-phase GIS projects and requirements
* 3+ years experience MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Search, Outlook, Navy Systems
* 3+ years experience with SONET, Telecommunications or Digital switching equipment
* 5+ years Information Technology and/or Telecommunications support roles
* High School Diploma or GED
* 2+ years experience supporting US Navy
* 5+ years supporting Information Technology projects on Guam
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science
* 3+ years ArcGIS experience and AutoCAD software
* Knowledge of two or more of the following Telecom Switching (Avaya, Nortel, AT&T or other), Transmission, Outside Plant (OSP) and/or SONET is highly desired
U.S. Citizen Required highly preferred. Must be able to obtain and DoD Secret clearance and pass associated background check
Active Secret Clearance highly desired. Must be able to maintain a DoD clearance or have previously clearance reactivated based on individual clearance issuance per VSolvit FSO.
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB, SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB, and a certified HUBZone company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DoD Secret Clearance or past DoD Clearance holder with eligibility to be reactivated. Must be a US Citizen to be eligible to be cleared and hold a Secret Clearance in this role.
IT Specialist - Telecommunications Planner (GIS/AutoCAD)
Number of Openings
Proposal Letter Of Intent (LOI)
Guam, Telecommunications Planner
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://VSolvit.appone.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer