This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
NEK/Cubic Global Defense, Inc. is seeking an experienced Electronics Technician/Telecommunications Specialist needed to support crisis response mission. The Telecommunication Specialist will deploy, operate, and maintain strategic and tactical satellite data equipment; Internet Protocol (IP) based networks, telephone networks, video teleconferencing systems, vehicle mounted and portable computer networks, radio systems, tactical radio systems and support equipment in support of the mission requirements. You will be required to deploy OCONUS and CONUS to operate and maintain communication systems in support of the mission requirements. This may be in an austere and/or hazardous environment. This position requires the Telecommunication Specialist to be on recall duty roster. While on this status the Telecommunication Specialist must remain mission ready to respond within one (1) hour of notification. In addition you must also have an operating knowledge of civilian type vehicles to include box trucks, tractor trailers, and flatbed trucks. Position requires assistance with the collection of mission requirements; mission planning and coordination; deployment of resources; management of, and troubleshooting on-going operations; after action reviews; and follow-up on findings. Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Install, operate and maintain portable and vehicle mounted router and switch based networks which utilize Windows Operating Systems and software suites; Type I encryption; Voice Over Internet Protocol telephony; secure telephony; and video teleconferencing.
* The candidate must have working knowledge of handling procedures for Controlled Cryptographic Items.
* The candidate must have basic Category 5/6 network, coaxial, RF, and AC/DC wiring skills.
* Programming and operating land mobile UHF/VHF radios; Tactical Satellite Radios; Mobile Satellite Radios; and Ku, X and Ka band VSAT terminals.
* Operate mobile command post vehicles.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of U.S. Government including law enforcement and DoD personnel.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must be able to report within 1 hours of recall notification.
* Must be capable of maintaining, integrating and deploying the following:
* Motorola handheld, mobile and consolette radios
* Cisco routers
* Cisco switches
* iDirect Modems
* Ku, Ha, and X band satellite equipment
* AN/PRC-117 and AN/PRC-150 Tactical satellite radios
* AN/PRC-148 handheld radios
* KG175D and KG-250 series encryption units
* STE and Viper secure telephones
* Encryption loading devices
* Secure Satellite and cellular phones
* Have a knowledge of telecommunications management
* Be able to develop and implement a communications plan
* Have a working knowledge of the operations within a Tactical Operations Center
* Have a working knowledge of a Video Teleconferencing System
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be able to obtain a Current Top Secret clearance, or interim clearance at contract performance start date, with the ability to attain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
* Must be U.S. Citizen
* Must have a High school diploma, or equivalent
* Must be willing to take and pass a polygraph test
* Must be willing to take a drug test prior to obtaining SCI access.
* Must be able to serve in a recall status with mission ready response time of one (1) hour from time of notification.
* Must have documented experience in telecommunications and communications.
* Must have a valid motor vehicle operator s permit with the ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver s License, if required.
* Must have a current U.S. passport
* Must have the ability to carry equipment up to 70 lbs.
* Must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and be self-motivated.
* Must have Five (5) years experience as a telecommunications, communications systems technician.
* Must be willing to carry a mobile phone/pager 24/7 for immediate recall
* Experience with DOD and/or other government agencies communications planning.
* Experience as a military telecommunications operator/maintainer and/or electronic technician.
* Extensive participation in joint operations and/or federal law enforcement operations.
* Demonstrated experience with the operational procedures used for Tactical Operation Centers (TOC) or equivalent operational centers.