Telecommunications Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Bright Horizons, if you are not in the direct support of children and families, then you are in direct support of those who are. That statement is true across the board, but especially within our rapidly growing and dynamic Information Technology department.
As the TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR, you will provide support to the Telecommunications Manager in administering telecommunication services to our Global Call Center, Corporate and Regional offices, and our various childcare centers and schools.
What you will be doing:
* Responsible for day-to-day planning, administration, installation, and support of Avaya Call Center, call center type applications, and telecommunication technology such as moves/adds/changes and installs on associated equipment; this includes, but is not limited to, call recording, predictive dialers, and integration points to work force management systems.
* Ensure PBX/Contact Center capacity (licensing, trunk, and network capacity) studies to ensure Contact Center peak efficiency.
* Work closely with Telecommunications Specialist to ensure that telecommunications lines are documented properly within in-house databases, as well as TEMS bill management's web portal.
* Responsible for supporting IP Telephony needs of call center consultants and home office users.
* Responsible for ordering, supporting, and cancelling conferencing/landlines/long distance/internet services/wireless services and equipment for centers, regional corporate offices, and local call center staff.
* Provide end-user training and support for all telecom solutions and devices.
* Work closely with telephony vendors for equipment and service support.
* Work with and under the direction of the Telecommunication Manager and Call Center Management Staff on telecommunications projects and initiatives, assessment and integration of new technology/solutions into our telecommunications systems, and strategies; this includes but is not limited to telecommunications architecture recommendations, capacity planning, and proactive monitoring of current/future telecommunications needs.
* Abide by Bright Horizons Information Security and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures and Embrace IT Vision.
* Provide 24/7 on-call support.
What we hope you will bring to the role:
* 4 year degree in Telecommunications and 3 years experience with Contact Center and corporate telephone services in an Avaya environment required. 8 years of Avaya experience with Call Manager 5.x or above and CMS 12.x or above can be substituted.
* At least 4 years of call center telephony support and administration experience working specifically with Avaya Contact Center products.
* At least 4 years call center ancillary system support and administration experience working with call recording, predictive dialers, work force management, as well as administering remote contact agents in an Avaya environment.
* At least 3 years experience designing, building, and testing complex call flows and a at least 4 years experience designing, building, planning, and installing remote pbx technologies.
* Understanding of TDM and IP voice codecs including G.729, G711, and G.712.
* Strong knowledge of line protocols including ISDN/PRI, DID/DNIS, VoIP, SIP, TDM, Analog, T.38, DS1/DS3, Metro Over Ethernet, MPLS, and Broadband.
* Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to multi-task.
* Must be able to determine priorities between various programs and have a sense of urgency with task completion.
* Excellent customer service skills; ability to interact with internal and external customers with various technical skill levels.
* Ability to function as part of a cohesive and agile team.
* Excellent communication skills needed due to high amount of interaction with Bright Horizons staff and external vendors.
* Experience with Toshiba CIX1200 IP Telephony, and Avaya ACE certification preferred.