This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New Britain, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
Performs requirements analysis, planning, design and deployment and ongoing operations management and technical support of the company's technology infrastructure. Performs business technical system upgrades including planning and scheduling, coordination and deploying. Ensures availability and performance of systems and application environments through proactive as well as reactive analysis and maintenance.
* Devises IT standards and workflows in support of requirements driven by IT strategy and business demands.
* Responsible for research, selection, introduction, maintenance, and sunsetting of all IT infrastructure components.
* Determines best technological path for the organization going forward and commissions the work to attain the goals.
* Proposes systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
* Learns new infrastructure, operations & security technologies, company-specific technologies, system behavior and business processes as they relates to customer needs.
* Leverages industry standard tools and methodologies to triage and debug issues to determine the root cause of the problem.
* Implements infrastructure, operations & security monitoring services, using industry standard software, collects relevant data, performs analytics and provides system performance dashboards.
* Implements operational metrics, collects data, and publishes production systems health information.
* Performs day-to-day work required to monitor and maintain a stable IT infrastructure and operating environment.
* Act as liaison with vendors on technical matters.
* Creates and maintains the technical knowledge base for the organization.
* Provides IP based telecommunications design, performance engineering and architectural deployment management for large scale Cisco unified communication manager and Cisco TelePresence solutions.
* Builds simulated solutions in test labs to resolve complex problems and compatibility issues.
* Generates and documents reusable intellectual capital in the form of standard customer deployment architectures.
* Leverages vendors and contributes to virtual teams.
* Assists business unit owners with advanced services requests and related IPT network management applications.
* Provides backup and tier 3 technical support services.
* Disaster recovery and business continuity planning and design.
* Leverage and generate applicable technical "best practices" design guides.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Experience managing Cisco telepresence infrastructure components including Telepresence server, VCS control, VCS expressway and Telepresence conductor.
* Very good knowledge managing Cisco telepresence and video conferencing endpoints (CTS, MX,DX)
* Experience with SIP trunking.
* Experience with session Border controllers will be an advantage
* Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, infrastructure, operations & security technologies and standards of professional field.
* Develops and applies specialized infrastructure knowledge within own discipline.
* Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning.
* Knowledge of related industry considerations.
* Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
* Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
* Assists program or process development and implementation.
* Coordinates activities and processes of self and others.
* Excellent knowledge on Design, upgrade and manage Cisco unified communication manager
* Applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
* Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
* Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves data integrity issues.
* Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
* Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
* Identifies issues beyond stated situation and has a good working knowledge of ITIL foundational processes.
* Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
* Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on business matters.
* Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
* Works under general direction.
* Work is guided by objectives of the area or assignment.
* Refers to established policies and precedents as needed.
* Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when deviation from standard practice is required without prior approval.
* May set project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
* Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work.
* When assigned to a customer team, actively participates on small to medium sized project teams in support of customer deliverables.
* The candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding business unit expectations and be willing to contribute to team efforts. Must possess strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks. Must have experience with project coordination and project management.
* Must be an individual thinker and self-starter.
* Contributes to area by ensuring quality of output.
* Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within own area.
* Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
* Applies knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external contacts.
* Conveys information in a concise and professional manner.
* Asks effective questions and solicits feedback to understand needs.
* Anticipates future needs based on past transactions.
* Excellent vendor management and customer support skills. Can work under enormous pressure in complex environments.
* Strives for highest level of customer satisfaction, is a team player who is mission oriented.
* 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Two plus years of experience with Cisco Communications Manager.
* Cisco Certifications are a plus.
* Consistently applies fundamental knowledge of infrastructure, operations & security configuration, maintenance and support.
* Intermediate knowledge of client/server networks.
* Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
* General understanding of how technology supports the business.
* Undergraduatedegree in Computer Sciences or a related field and 4-6 years relevant experience, or
* Graduatedegree and 2-4 years of relevant experience.